Swiss New Year Holiday
8 Wonderful Days
- Celebrate New Years over 7 nights
- Stay in an authentic, character style hotel
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- More sightseeing time for you
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
- Guaranteed group departures
Imagine celebrating the New Year in a delightful chalet style hotel in the stunning Swiss Alps. Enjoy scenic train journeys through the magnificent mountains and lakes to Montreux, Luzern and medieval Bern. Savour Swiss hospitality, bubbling cheese fondues, snow-covered peaks and more.
Unlike all our other tours this is not an escorted tour. It doesn’t need to be. It has been specifically designed with individual flexibility in mind and includes travel on the incredibly reliable and comprehensive Swiss Rail system. This unique style of holiday allows you the freedom to independently explore picture postcard villages & towns, experience breathtaking panoramic views from mountain tops and enjoy dining in scenic restaurants. The choices are endless…
We offer you the choice of staying in either of two superb hotels - the Hotel Alpenblick in the village of Wilderswil or the Hotel Oberland in the village of Lauterbrunnen.
- Celebrate New Year over 7 nights in your choice of hotel in the heart of the magnificent Bernese Oberland
- Excellent touring programme using the wonderful Swiss rail system – come and go as you wish using your included 8 day Swiss Travel Pass
- Versatility - you can start and end this tour from any point within Switzerland or any border point
- Visit the cobbled stone squares of medieval Bern
- Travel through the soaring snow covered Alps on the Golden Pass Panoramic train from Zweisimmen, past Gstaad and Château-d’Oex, to Montreux on Lake Geneva
- Visit Interlaken, Luzern, Lake Thun and Grindelwald
- Enjoy superb access to Switzerland’s greatest Alpine destinations
- Daily buffet breakfasts and 4-course dinners are included, plus a special New Years Eve dinner
The Swiss New Year Holiday is just one of many you can enjoy in Switzerland. Visit each destination page for more information for our other amazing tours!
Day 1: To Your Swiss New Year Hotel
Day 2 to 7: At your Swiss New Year Hotel
Day 8: Tour Ends
Incredible Value Inclusions
- 7 nights accommodation with private facilities in your choice of hotel
- Swiss Travel Pass with 8 days unlimited train travel throughout Switzerland on the incredibly efficient and user friendly Swiss
- Rail network
- Reserved seats on the
- Golden Pass Panoramic train to Montreux on Lake Geneva
- Buffet breakfast daily (B)
- 4-course evening dinners including a special New Year’s Eve Dinner (D)
- Hotel tips
- Albatross Tours Travel App
Hotel Oberland, Lauterbrunnen - 7 NightsThe delightful village of Lauterbrunnen is located 15 minutes down the train line from Wilderswil. The setting is stunning with 1,000 foot sheer cliffs rising either side of this narrow ‘valley of the waterfalls’ (these are the cliffs that James Bond keeps leaping off when chased by the baddies). The Oberland Hotel dates back well over 100 years and is located in the heart of the village, 200 metres from the railway station. You will be the guests of Ursula and Mark Nolan-von Allmen. Mark’s passion for Swiss hill walking led him from Australia to Lauterbrunnen where he met and married Ursula. The dining is excellent, there is a relaxing bar/café, lounge and all rooms include private facilities, TV and radio. Please note the Oberland is a 4 storey hotel and has no lift.
Hotel Alpenblick, Wilderswil – 7 NightsThe small community of Wilderswil is typical of a Swiss rural village. Located 700 metres from Wilderswil railway station and only 3 kilometres from Interlaken, you have quick and easy access for all your included train excursions. With a history dating back 400 years, the Alpenblick has been in the Stöckli family for two generations and is now looked after by Richard Stöckli and his wife Yvonne. Richard himself oversees the hotel kitchen and has gained many awards from culinary institutions, and the Gourmet à la carte Restaurant was awarded 16 points by Gault Millau and one Michelin star; while the hotel received an award as one of the 25 best three-star holiday hotels in Switzerland. All rooms include private facilities, hair-dryer, TV, radio and safe. The hotel has 2 dining areas, a reading room/lounge and a cosy hotel bar. Please note the Alpenblick is a 3 storey hotel and has no lift. Pricing based on standard economy rooms. Room upgrades available on request subject to availability.
it was the second time we had stayed in the accommodation and it was still excellent.
The scenery, Swiss Alps and Swiss rail system, with Swiss rail pass, all speak for themselves. Excellent!
Dates and Prices
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously? Save $200 on our European Summer and Oberammergau tours (over 8 days) or $100 on our Festive tours.
No Additional 'On Tour' Costs
Over $100 value of extras per day are already included. There are no additional 'on tour' costs - even your end of tour tips are included!