Austrian White Christmas Tour
10 Stunning Days
- Leisurely 6 night stay in the Austrian lakes district
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
Small group size - now capped at 28!
- Celebrate Christmas over 6 nights in the Spa Hotel - the White Horse Inn beside Lake Wolfgangsee and a horse drawn carriage ride on Christmas Day
- Savour the fabulous Christmas Markets in Vienna, Schönbrunn Palace, Salzburg and Berchtesgaden.
- Enjoy a traditional Christmas Eve dinner and Turkey lunch on Christmas Day.
- Stay 2 nights in glorious Vienna
- Be guided through the staterooms of the magnificent Schönbrunn Palace and astonishing Melk Abbey on the Danube
- Visit baroque Salzburg, enjoy a hot drink and biscuits in Austria’s oldest restaurant, visit the Silent Night Chapel and picturesque Königssee.
Explore beautiful Hallstatt & St Gilgen and ride high on the Katrin Mountain cable car
Day 1: Vienna
Day 2: Vienna sightseeing, Schönbrunn Palace and Christmas Markets
Your afternoon is completely free. Relax and enjoy this enchanting city of museums and style. You simply must indulge in the world of the traditional Viennese coffee houses. How about a tall aromatic coffee and a calorie-busting apfel strudel? Maybe a rich chocolate torten cake? Mmmm! The Christmas shopping is excellent under the beautiful illuminations of the broad, pedestrian mall. Try the excellent Christmas Markets outside the Town Hall where you will find mulled wine, ginger biscuits, music, stunningly decorated trees and folklore displays.
Day 3: Baroque Melk Monastery and Mondsee
Day 4: The Silent Night Chapel, Salzburg sightseeing, ‘My Time’ and Christmas Markets
Day 5: Beautiful Lake Königssee,Berchtesgaden & Salt Mines
Day 6: Christmas Eve – stunning Hallstatt, St Gilgen and Katrin Mountain cable car
Day 7: Christmas Day – ‘My Time’ in St. Wolfgang, and a horse drawn carriage ride
Day 8: ‘My Time’ in St Wolfgang and lake cruise to Strobl
Day 9: Extravagant Herrenchiemsee Palace and Munich
Day 10: Munich
Incredible Value Inclusions
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
- 9 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Welcome drink in Vienna
- 17 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B), 1 lunch (L) and 7 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- Local guides as described
- Personal audio system whilst on tour
- Free WiFi at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
Regina Hotel, Vienna - 2 Nights
Weisses Rössl (The White Horse), St Wolfgang - 6 Nights
Eden Hotel Wolff, Munich - 1 Night
We had an amazing tour manager; not only was she knowledgeable, but so helpful and nothing was ever too much trouble, especially with my gluten free needs. She always made sure I was catered for, even buying me gluten free cookies to have when everyone else was having the Christmas cookies. She is truly exceptional and made our tour wonderful.