Escorted Tours Through Sicily
One of the most famous islands in the Mediterranean, Sicily is a stunning location with dramatic volcanic mountains, classy resort towns, architecturally diverse cities, and countless relics of former civilisations.
The ancient and the modern blend perfectly in Sicily. Spend your mornings exploring the rubble of ruined temples, your afternoons shopping in high end boutiques and your evenings enjoying some of the world’s best swordfish and shellfish dishes at the many highly regarded restaurants.
After countless trips all across this beautiful island, Albatross Tours have developed itineraries for their Sicily tours that explore the very best cultural experiences and historic sites available.
Sicily Tour Highlights
- Marsala: Located in the westernmost province of Sicily, Marsala is a thriving city built on the ruins of the ancient Carthaginian city of Lilybaion. The city is most famous for its local wine, the heavily fortified Marsala Wine that is a perfect aperitif between the first and second courses of any Sicilian meal. Outside of the city is Stagnone Lagoon, a large fertile lagoon punctuated by four picturesque islands that are perfect for an afternoon’s exploration.
- Agrigento: A historic city with a rich archaeological legacy, Agrigento is a thriving city on Sicily’s south coast. The city is built where the Akgras once stood. This lost city was one of the most important sites politically and culturally for Ancient Greece. Modern tourists can spend a number of days exploring Valle dei Templi, a ridge where seven monumental Greek temples have stood for nearly two thousand years.
- Taormina: A small town on the east coast of Sicily, Taormina is popular with tourists for its spectacular mountainside location, chic resorts, and gorgeous beaches with crystal blue water. There are thousands of years of history packed into the town, from the ancient cliff top Teatro Greco (Greek theatre) to the 10th century Sicilian palace. Inside the town are a number of harbour side restaurant and boutiques, offering truly lavish modern delights.
Italy, the Deep South & Sicily
- Leisurely 2, 3 and 4 night stays
- Small groups from just 10 to 28
- $1,700 included extras, no optionals
- Character hotels in superb locations