New Year in an Italian Castle Tour
7 Exhilarating Days
- Enjoy a leisurely 3 night stay in an Italian castle
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
Small group size - now capped at 28!
- Celebrate New Year over 3 nights in a stunning Italian Castle set in the foothills of the Italian Dolomites
- Experience a New Year’s Eve Gala dinner with drinks in your centuries old castle hotel
- Stay in medieval Innsbruck and visit Swarovski Crystal Worlds
- Take the Brenner Pass across the Alps, and follow the dramatic Val Sugana through the majestic, snow covered Dolomites
- In Bolzano, see Ötzi - the mummified mountain man
- Explore the canals and hump backed bridges of Venice
- Relax in the chic ski resort of Cortina d’Ampezzo
- Visit Lake Garda and picturesque Sirmione
- Enjoy a farewell dinner in elegant, stylish Milan
Day 1: Munich
Your tour commences this evening in Munich. Dinner tonight is included, but first we enjoy a welcome drink. This is an ideal opportunity to meet and get to know your fellow travellers.
Day 2: Swarovski Crystal Worlds and ‘My Time’ in Innsbruck
Day 3: Bolzano, ‘Otzi the Ice Man’ and CastelBrando
Day 4: Venice sightseeing, ‘My Time’ and a Gala New Year’s Eve dinner
Day 5: ‘My Time’ in your Castle or chic Cortina d’Ampezzo
Day 6: Sirmione on Lake Garda and stylish Milan
Leaving our castle we head for the shores of Lake Garda where we take a morning break in the incredibly picturesque town of Sirmione with its tiny harbour surrounded by cobblestoned walkways and cafés. Later we continue to the stylish city of Milan for time at leisure before enjoying a farewell dinner in a local restaurant.
Day 7: Milan
Incredible Value Inclusions
All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
6 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
Welcome drink in Luzern
12 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B) and 6 evening dinners (D)
A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
Tea and coffee with all included dinners
Local guides as described
Personal audio system whilst on tour
Free WiFi at hotels
End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
Maritim Hotel, Munich - 1 Night
Grauer Bäer, Innsbruck -1 Night
CastelBrando, Cison Di Valmarino - 3 Nights
A beautifully restored castle with sensitive modernisation has brought the original magnificence back to life. Guelph style decorative battlements, stone cellars, tapestries, swords and suits of armour set the scene for the elegant halls, dining rooms, manicured gardens and terraces overlooking the valley. Glorious for après dinner drinks on a summer evening!
Hilton Milan – 1 Night
We thoroughly enjoyed our 7 day trip, visiting three countries, seeing amazing places – the gracious old city of Innsbruck, the grand and imposing Castelbrando - all the time following the majestic Dolomite Mountains and to top all that, a visit on New Year’s Eve to the “floating” city of Venice! Our tour guide made our time so interesting – he was caring of all travellers with special attention to the older people on board. He is empathetic and has a great sense of humour. Our driver was a good driver, we always felt safe and relaxed. Thanks to them we had a good holiday!
Robert and Chesne
Overall the tour was excellent. The tour manager was very knowledgeable and helpful, and the coach driver had a great personality. I really enjoyed the excursions, particularly Cortina d'Ampezzo.
I thoroughly enjoyed the tour. Our Tour Manager was an outstanding guide, very helpful and courteous throughout the tour. She was always on hand to advise and give advice when required. Loved the Castelbrando accommodation.
A wonderful tour, an experience of a lifetime - thanks to all involved in the organisation and planning of the tour.
Our higlights included:
- New Year's Eve dinner and festivities
- Castelbrando - great location and ambience
- Competent, efficient and professional tour manager
- Driving skill and friendly coach driver
- Visit to Venice
- Wine included with the meals
- Dinner included every day
- Location of the hotels - close to main attractions
Angela & Richard