Medieval Bohemian Christmas Tour
12 Inspiring Days
- Leisurely 2 and 3 night stays
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
Small group size - now capped at 28!
Imagine a truly festive Christmas in the heart of medieval Cesky Krumlov, staying in a beautifully restored 500 year old hotel. Enjoy the romantic Christmas Markets of Rothenburg, Nurnberg, Prague and Vienna, explore the exquisite Schönbrunn Palace and dine in the Catacombs deep under a cobblestoned town square!
- Celebrate Christmas over 3 nights in the Hotel Ruze – a beautifully restored romantic hotel in the heart of medieval Cesky Krumlov
- Savour the fabulous Christmas Markets in Frankfurt, Rothenburg, Nürnberg, Prague, Vienna and in the grounds of the delightful Schönbrunn Palace at dusk
- Enjoy a traditional Czech Christmas Eve dinner, Christmas Day Turkey lunch, plus feature dinners in the centuries old Griechenbeisl Inn, Vienna, and deep in the Catacombs under Cesky Krumlov’s historic town square
- Stay 2 nights in the cobble stoned streets of Rothenburg barely 100 metres from perhaps the most romantic of all Christmas Markets and enjoy a Nightwatchman walking tour
- Visit the baroque city of Würzburg, starting point of the ‘Romantic Road’
- Stay 2 nights in the city of ‘Good King Wenceslas’ Prague, and visit the massive castle
- Stay 2 nights in Vienna and be guided through the staterooms and ‘Hall of Mirrors’ in the Schönbrunn Palace
- Enjoy a private guided tour through the astonishing Melk Abbey and visit Cesky Budejovice
Day 1: Frankfurt
Day 2: Wurzburg Christmas Markets, ‘My Time’ in Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber
Day 3: Nürnberg ‘My Time’ and Christmas Markets
Day 4: ‘My Time’ in Prague
Day 5: Prague sightseeing, Christmas Markets and ‘My Time’
Day 6: Vienna sightseeing, Schönbrunn Palace and Christmas Markets
Day 7: ‘My Time’ in Vienna
Day 8: Melk Abbey and Cesky Krumlov sightseeing
Day 9: ‘My Time’ in Cesky Krumlov and Cesky Budejovice sightseeing
Day 10: Christmas Day – ‘My Time’ in Cesky Krumlov
Day 11: Salzburg sightseeing and ‘My Time’
Day 12: To Munich
Incredible Value Inclusions
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
- 11 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Welcome drink in Frankfurt
- 21 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B), 1 lunch (L) and 9 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- Local guides as described
- Personal audio system whilst on tour
- Free WiFi at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
Maritim Hotel, Frankfurt - 1 Night
Tilman Riemenschneider, Rothenburg - 2 Nights
Art Nouveau Palace Hotel, Prague - 2 Nights
Hotel Stefanie, Vienna – 2 Nights
Hotel Ruze, Cesky Krumlov - 3 Nights
In 1584 Vilhelm of RoÏmberk, master of the house of RoÏmberks, knight of the Order of the Golden Fleece – highest order of Prague, invited the Order of Jesuits to Cesky Krumlov. He built a university monastery for them. This has recently been extensively reconstructed preserving the beautiful Renaissance architecture and creating your 70 room hotel – The Ruze. The furniture, rooms and public areas are a delight. Set in the absolute centre of town, the terrace has beautiful views of the Vltava River. Your stay here will be an unforgettable experience.
Imlauer Hotel Pitter, Salzburg - 1 Night
First opened in 1864, this family run, 4 star superior hotel enjoys a central location close to many of the famous landmarks and sights of Salzburg.
I enjoyed staying more than one night in each place. Hotels were all very good, nice and central so that when I had 'freetime' I could walk to places. I don't use public transport when away as I don't feel confident using it and some other tours have a high class hotel, but it is miles away from things. Really liked this fact with my Medieval Bohemian Christmas.
Enjoyed everything about my tour!
Wealth of knowledge of my tour director was excellent! I was most impressed with the driver's knowledge of so many city road - and skilful driving in tight situations.
A most enjoyable and comfortable tour!
The tour was absolutely fabulous.
Victor, our tour guide was extremely professional, very well organized and dealt with individuals needs accordingly . Nothing was a bother to him. He went out of his way to ensure that everyone on the trip had a very memorable time. A big Thank You goes to Victor.