Christmas in the Austrian Tyrol Tour
11 Wonderful Days
- Stay 5 nights in the Austrian Tyrol
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
Small group size - now capped at 28!
- Celebrate Christmas over 5 nights in the heart of Neustift - a delightful Tyrolean village in the snow covered Stubai Valley
- Savour the fabulous Christmas Markets in Munich, Salzburg, Innsbruck and Berchtesgaden
- Experience a Christmas Eve dinner in a Tyrolean restaurant in Neustift
- Enjoy a walking tour of Salzburg's old town through to the Christmas Markets
- Explore the Salt Mines near Berchtesgaden
- Wake up on Christmas Day surrounded by massive snow covered peaks of the Stubai Valley
- Ride on a thrilling bobsled down the Olympic run in Igls
- Visit ‘Mad’ King Ludwig’s Fairytale Neuschwanstein Castle
- Spend your farewell evening in the delightful Bavarian village of Füssen
Visit each destination page for more information for our other amazing tours!
Hear about this tour first hand from an Albatross traveller - read about Michele and her family's experience on this tour.
Day 1: Munich
Day 2: Herrenchiemsee Palace and pretty Mondsee
Day 3: Salzburg sightseeing and Christmas Markets
Day 4: Filzmoos and a horse drawn carriage ride
Day 5: Berchtesgaden, Salt Mines and Swarovski Crystal
Days 6: Innsbruck, medieval Hall and Bergisel ski jump
Day 7: Christmas Eve in a winter paradise
Day 8: Christmas Day – Olympic Bobsled ride
Day 9: Boxing Day – ‘My Time’ in the mountains
Day 10: Fairytale Neuschwanstein Castle and Füssen
Day 11: Munich
Incredible Value Inclusions
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
- 10 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp) all hotels, except Pension Elisabeth in Neustift
- Welcome drink in Munich
- 17 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B) and 7 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- Local guides as described
- Free WiFi on most coaches and at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
- Albatross Tours Travel App
Maritim Hotel Munich – 1 Night
Altstadt Stadtkrug – 3 Nights
Sportspension Elisabeth, Neustift - 5 Nights
Hotel Hirsch, Fussen - 1 Night
Superbly located in the picturesque town of Füssen, Hotel Hirsch, built in the “Art Nouveau” style, has been owned by the same family for four generations. The hotel combines elegantly modern comfort and the Bavarian ambience. All rooms have private facilities, TV and telephone.
We thoroughly enjoyed the tour, great group of people and enjoyed everywhere we visited on the tour. There was a good variety of outings and experiences on tour. A highlight was probably the last night; it was a magical experience and well worth including in the tour.
Prisca, our tour manager made our tour truly memorable. She was highly organised and nothing was too much trouble.
We particularly liked the structure of the tour with free time to explore.The pace was great and the opportunity to ski was perfect for us. The other tour members were friendly and made our holiday even more memorable.
John, travelled December 2014
Dates and Prices
|Start Date||End Date||Price Per Person||Availability|
|18 Dec 2020||28 Dec 2020||NZD $5,287||Space Limited - Call Now|
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously? Save $200 on our European Summer and Oberammergau tours (over 8 days) or $100 on our Festive tours.
Small, personal groups
Our group sizes range from just 10 to 28. An Albatross small group tour will allow you to enjoy a more personalised and in-depth holiday experience.