German Fairytale Christmas Tour
10 Romantic Days
- Stay 5 nights in the heart of Bavaria
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
Small group size - now capped at 28!
- Celebrate Christmas over 5 nights in the historical Bavarian town of Füssen
- Savour the fabulous Christmas Markets in Frankfurt, Rothenburg, Würzburg, Bamberg, Nürnberg and Munich
- Enjoy a Christmas Eve lunch overlooking Lake Hopfensee, a traditional Christmas Eve dinner, Christmas Day Turkey lunch and Swiss Folklore Show with dinner in Luzern’s Stadtkeller
- Stay 2 nights in the cobble stoned streets of Rothenburg barely 100 metres from perhaps the most romantic of all Christmas Markets and enjoy a Nightwatchman walking tour
- Visit the baroque Würzburg, starting point of the ‘Romantic Road’ plus Nürnberg, UNESCO World Heritage listed Bamberg and Munich
- Explore picturesque Füssen, take the Tegelberg Cable Car high up the mountains and relax on a horse drawn carriage ride
- Enjoy visits to Neuschwanstein Castle, Hohenschwangau Castle and extravagant Linderhof Palace
- Enjoy a farewell night in the lovely lakeside town of Luzern
Hear about this tour first hand from an Albatross traveller - read about John and Suzanne's experience on this tour.
Day 1: Frankfurt
Day 2: Würzburg Christmas Markets, ‘My Time’ in Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber
Day 3: Bamberg and Nürnberg Christmas Markets
Day 4: Munich Christmas Markets and delightful Füssen
Day 5: Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau Castle visits
Day 6: ‘My Time’ in Füssen and lunch on Lake Hopfensee
Day 7: Christmas Day – Tegelberg cable car & horse drawn carriage
Day 8: Linderhof Palace, ‘My Time’ in Garmisch & Oberammergau
Day 9: Vaduz and ‘My Time’ in lakeside Luzern
Day 10: Luzern
Incredible Value Inclusions
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Fully escorted by ourexperienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class airconditioned touring coach
- 9 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation as described
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Welcome drink in Frankfurt
- 19 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B), 2 lunches (L) and 8 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- Local guides as described in the itinerary
- Personal audio system whilst on tour
- Free WiFi at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
Tilman Riemenschneider, Rothenburg – 2 Nights
Hotel Hirsch, Fussen - 5 Nights
Hotel Schweizerhof, Luzern - 1 Night
Maritim Hotel Frankfurt - 1 Night
The tour and inclusions were excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Many thanks to our tour manager who was amazing with her extensive knowledge of all areas visited. It was a pleasure to be on her tour.
A well organised tour. Everything organised for you with flexibility. Our tour manager had good knowledge of the history generally and, in particular, the places we visited.
This tour would rate as possibly the best I have ever attended. Our tour director Ernst was in simple terms AMAZING and an absolute credit to himself and a superb representation of Albatross Tours. We, (my wife and I) enjoyed every moment of the tour. The Christmas Eve church service in Fussen was a real highlight. Well done Albatross!
What a great way to spend Christmas and see the beauty of Germany. The pace of the tour was perfect. We had enough spare time and was sufficiently occupied for the rest of the time with interesting and eye opening activities. Our tour manager, Ernst was amazing. He was attentive and made sure the stories kept alive the experience. Driver Jean was brilliant.
Christine & Andrew
An absolutely fantastic holiday - meet all our expectations and more! Would highly recommend and look forward to doing other tours with Albatross in the future. Thank you.