Bohemia and Christmas in the Tyrol Tour
16 Captivating Days
- Leisurely 2, 3, and 5 night stays
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
Small group size - now capped at 28!
- Celebrate Christmas over 5 nights in a first class chalet style hotel in the Austrian Tyrol, with visits to Kitzbuhel and The Sound of Music ‘Wedding Church’ in Mondsee
- Savour the Christmas Markets in Frankfurt, Rothenburg, Nürnberg, Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Schönbrunn Palace at dusk
- Enjoy a special Christmas Eve Gala dinner, Turkey Christmas Day lunch, plus dinners in the old Griechenbeisl Inn, Vienna, and deep in the Catacombs under Cesky Krumlov’s historic town square
- Stay 2 nights in the cobble stoned streets of Rothenburg and visit perhaps the most romantic of all Christmas Markets
- Visit the baroque city of Würzburg, starting point of the ‘Romantic Road’, medieval Nürnberg
- Stay 2 nights in the city of ‘Good King Wenceslas’ Prague, and visit the massive castle
- Stay 3 nights in festive Vienna and be guided through the staterooms and ‘Hall of Mirrors’ in the Schönbrunn Palace
- Enjoy a private guided tour through the astonishing Melk Abbey and a Nightwatchman tour in Rothenburg
- Relax on a horse-drawn carriage ride in the Austrian countryside and enjoy a hot drink and biscuits in St Peter’s Keller, Salzburg
Day 1: Frankfurt
Day 2: Würzburg Christmas Markets and ‘My Time’ in Rothenburg
Day 3: Nürnberg and Christmas Markets
Day 4: ‘My Time’ in Prague
Day 5: Prague sightseeing, Christmas Markets and ‘My Time’
Day 6: ‘My Time’ in Brno and Vienna
Day 7: Heiligenkreuz Monastery, Vienna sightseeing, Schönbrunn Palace
Day 8: ‘My Time’ in Vienna and Christmas Markets
Day 9: Melk Abbey and Cesky Krumlov
Day 10: Cesky Krumlov sightseeing and ‘My Time’
Day 11: Mondsee, Silent Night Chapel and Kirchberg
Day 12: Salzburg sightseeing, ‘My Time’ and Christmas Markets
Day 13: ‘My Time’ in a winter paradise
Day 14: Christmas Day – ‘My Time’ and a horse drawn carriage ride
Day 15: ‘My Time’ in the Tyrolean villages of Kitzbuhel and Kirchberg
Day 16: To Munich
Incredible Value Inclusions
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach 15 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Welcome drink in Frankfurt
- 28 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B), 1 lunch (L) and 12 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- Local guides as described
- Personal audio system whilst on tour
- Free WiFi at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
Maritim Hotel, Frankfurt - 1 Night
Tilman Riemenschneider, Rothenburg – 2 NightsThis splendid old half timbered hotel is superbly located inside the old medieval walls barely 50 metres from the central market square. The hotel offers restaurants traditionally decorated with original paintings and wooden carvings and rooms with individually painted alpine-inspired furniture, private facilities, cable TV and hair dryers.
Art Nouveau Palace Hotel, Prague – 2 Nights
The Regina Hotel, Vienna – 3 Nights
Family run for over 110 years this first class hotel offers a sophisticated and elegant atmosphere, and a great restaurant. It is located a few minutes walk from all the cultural places of interest and downtown shopping areas. All rooms have private facilities, TV, radio, phone and hairdryer.
Hotel Ruze, Cesky Krumlov - 2 NightsIn 1584 Vilhelm of RoÏmberk, master of the house of RoÏmberks, knight of the Order of the Golden Fleece - highest order of Prague, invited the Order of Jesuits to Cesky Krumlov. He built a university monastery for them. This has recently been extensively reconstructed preserving the beautiful Renaissance architecture and creating your 70 room hotel – The Ruze. The furniture, rooms and public areas are a delight. Set in the absolute centre of town, the terrace has beautiful views of the Vltava River. Your stay here will be an unforgettable experience.
The Kirchberger Hof, Kirchberg - 5 NightsThis excellent, chalet style 4 star hotel is located just a short walk from the centre of Kirchberg village. The atmosphere is charming with that traditional Austrian wood and stone décor, rooms are spacious with balconies and the dining is excellent! (4 course dinners each night). Recent extensive renovations provides a wonderful wellness centre
including an excellent indoor pool, steam room and sauna. Located in a dramatic setting of snow covered Alps - where else would you want to stay for Christmas?
Our tour was excellent. Highlights include Melk, Prague, Vienna, Salzburg and Kirchberg. Plus the choice of hotel for Christmas which went off the ski fields was magical. Our tour guide made everything easy for us to enjoy this wonderful 15 days. Many thanks!
The tour was a great overall with all the accommodation being nice and lots of lovely food. Highlights were the snow in Kirchberg, visit to Cesky Krumlov and meeting the other lovely people in the tour group. Christmas was special because of the beautiful surrounds of the town. All in all I was very happy with the tour.
Kimberley, travelled December 2014
I have had a wonderful holiday. Christmas is always a very special time of year for me, and even though my husband and I were away from close family, we have had the best Christmas ever!
Snow falling on Christmas Day and waking up to a winter wonderland on Boxing Day was indescribable. What a wonderful part of the world. Sharing this with our new tour family was very special.
We as a couple, enjoyed every part of this tour. It was truly unforgettable. The history of the areas provided us an insight into how and why villages and cities were built. Deryck provided such a comprehensive insight into each area as we passed through it. Each stopover had its charm. Rothenburg was high on the list as a favourite. Kirchberg we enjoyed outstanding accommodation, meals, service and location. This has only whetted our appetite to see more of this beautiful country. The Christmas Eve church service was memorable.
Thanks for a wonderful tour, thanks to our tour manager and driver - outstanding!