A Swiss New Year Adventure Tour
8 Exhilarating Days
- Longer stays with no 1 night stops
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
Small group size - now capped at 28!
Ride on panoramic trains and funiculars up massive mountains, across ravines and snow laden valleys. Visit historic Bern and lakeside Thun, the ski resorts of Grindelwald, Mürren, Wengen and delightful Lauterbrunnen. Take stunning cable car rides over the Männlichen ridge and up the extraordinary Schilthorn mountain peak for a ‘007 James Bond’ lunch. Fly down a mountain on a zip line, experience a suspended cliff clinging walk, try snowshoeing, ice curling and watch the New Year’s Day fireworks explode and echo through the mighty,snowy peaks.
- Celebrate New Year over 6 nights in Interlaken
- Spend 5 full days exploring the mighty mountains, towns, and villages of the Bernese Oberland
- Be there for the magnificent New Year’s Day fireworks show
- Ride on the Zentralbahn Panoramic train from Luzern to Interlaken
- Enjoy a New Year’s Eve Chinois Fondue dinner and Farewell dinner with a Swiss Folklore show
- Take the incredible funicular train up the Jungfraujoch, explore the ice palace, look down on the massive Aletsch Glacier
- Explore ancient Bern and lakeside Thun, visit Wengen, experience the fun of a snowshoe walk and try your hand at ice curling
- Take the cable car to Grütschalp then a scenic train along to the cliff top village of Murren
- Ride on a cable car to the exhilarating Schilthorn summit for a buffet lunch in the famous 007 revolving restaurant, enjoy the 007 Experience and follow the Skyline Thrill Walk around Birg Peak
- Ride on the new Männlichen Cable Car, visit Grindelwald, enjoy a horse-drawn carriage ride and zoom down the mountain on the ‘First Flyer’ zip line.
Day 1: Luzern
Day 2: Panoramic train ride to Interlaken
Day 3: Jungfrau mountain ride and Aletsch Glacier
Day 4: New Year’s Eve fondue, medieval Bern and Thun
Day 5: New Year’s Day, snow shoe walk, ice curling and fireworks
Day 6: Mürren and the Schilthorn 007 Experience
Day 7: Grindelwald, the First Flyer and a horse drawn carriage ride
Day 8: Transfer To Zurich
Incredible Value Inclusions
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel by coach, scenic trains and cable cars as described
- 7 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Welcome drink in Luzern
- 12 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B), 1 lunch (L) and 4 evening dinners (D))
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- Local guides as described
- Free WiFi available at most hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
- Albatross Tours Travel App
Hotel Interlaken, Interlaken - 6 nights
Dates and Prices
|Start Date||End Date||Price Per Person||Availability|
|28 Dec 2020||4 Jan 2021||Not Yet Open For Sale|
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously? Save $200 on our European Summer and Oberammergau tours (over 8 days) or $100 on our Festive tours.
No Additional 'On Tour' Costs
Over $100 value of extras per day are already included. There are no additional 'on tour' costs - even your end of tour tips are included!