Who are we?
- We are part of The Albatross Travel Group, trading as Albatross Tours
- Located at Level 3, 303 Adelaide Street, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
- ABN 45 010 565 143
- ATAS No. A11341
- We are a member of the Council of Australian Tour Operators – CATO T01107
EU General Data Protection Regulation
The personal information of passengers living in or travelling to the European Union is protected by the EU General Data Protection Regulation, Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (otherwise known as GDPR). For more information on the EU General Data Protection Regulation please click here.
From a GDPR perspective Albatross Tours are the “Data Controller” for your personal information. In order to fulfil your tour booking your personal information will be shared with our UK office and with the travel service suppliers that make up your tour itinerary, a full list of the “Data Processors” that your personal information will be shared with is available on request.
What type of information do we collect?
On our website, we may ask for: first name, last name, company name, email address, postal address, country, state, postcode, telephone number
We also collect the following information from customers when they register their interest for a tour including passport details, date of travel, ability to walk and their travel preferences.
How we use the information collected
- Information collected on the website is used for a variety of purposes including the marketing, development and promotion of our tours, responding to questions for support and requests, providing information about us and our tours. We may also use this information to monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities in connection with the use of our website and our tours and for marketing or advertising purposes.
- Information collected from customers is used for providing our tours and for promoting awareness of new tour offerings.
Automated processing of data
- We automatically collect certain information to track visitor activity on our websites. We use this information to improve the content of our sites as well as to provide visitors with a more relevant overall experience with our organization and our site. This information may include information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual, including: name, title, company name, postal address, telephone number, or email address. We may also collect other information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual such as browser and device information, information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies, and demographic information. We never share this information or information you provide us with third parties.
- If you fill out a web form on our site, your information will be stored in our CRM system and some amount of your past browsing on our site may be available to us to determine your interests. We may use this information to more effectively engage with you and improve our site. However, if you use private browsing as described below, you may provide us your information without making your past browsing activity available to us. If you do not wish for us to have your personal information, please do not fill out any of the web forms on this site.
- If you provide your email address, some information is collected about when/if the email was opened and what links were clicked. This information is used to assess the engagement and success of an email campaign.
- Clicking on a link in any of these emails may cause you to be personally identified on our site and may cause some part of your past browsing history on our site to be available to our personnel so we may more effectively engage with you and improve our site. If you do not wish for this tracking to occur, you can unsubscribe from our mailings or use private browsing mode to avoid tracking.
If you do not want this site to place a cookie on your browser and track your activity, you may leave the site or you may browse the site using privacy mode in your web browser.
Do we share personal information outside of Albatross Tours?
- We do not share personal information with 3rd parties unless required to provide Services.
- We may disclose your personal information to our employees, contractors or third party service providers located in Australia or overseas for the purposes of the operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, managing your bookings, responding to your enquiries and to otherwise provide products and services to you, including, without limitation, to travel agencies, mailing houses, tour managers and payment processors.
What are your choices?
Customers and prospects have the option to view, correct, delete, and receive a copy of the personal data that we gather and retain.
How to access and update personal information
Customers and website visitors can contact us at [email protected] for any requests to update and/or delete personal data
How long we retain your Personal Information
Changes to this Policy
Albatross Tours reserves the right, at any time, to modify or replace this Policy.
How to Contact Us
Or by mail:
Att: General Manager
Level 3, 303 Adelaide Street
Brisbane QLD 4000