Northern Lights, Ice Hotels & Huskies Tour
9 Exhilarating Days
- Leisurely 2 night stays
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
- Small group size up to 28
Join us in the Arctic Circle, Lapland, and meet the Sami people, drive a reindeer sled, enjoy huskie rides, snow shoeing and at night time drive your snowmobile on a safari to dine in a cabin in the forest wilderness. Jump on an ice breaker ship and do a ‘dry suit’ swim in the frozen Baltic Sea. Stay in Santa’s cottages, Kemi’s extraordinary Glass Villas and an amazing Ice Hotel. Visit an Ice castle, dine in an Ice restaurant and gaze in awe at the Aurora Borealis – the Northern Lights - dancing a slow ballet above you…. what an adventure!
- Enjoy a welcome drink and dinner in Helsinki
- Stay 2 nights on the Arctic Circle
- Go reindeer sledding through the snowy wilderness of Lapland
- Stay 2 nights in glass villas - perfect for spotting the Aurora Borealis
- Board the amazing Ice Breaker Sampo and crack through the ice out to the frozen Gulf of Bothnia
- Enjoy a guided visit of the Sami people cultural centre and open air park
- Learn how to drive snowmobiles and go on a fabulous night time wilderness safari
- Sit back on a dog sled and enjoy a husky ride into the wilds
- Stay in an extraordinary ICEHOTEL
Day 1: Helsinki – meet your fellow Arctic Adventurers
Day 2: Rovaniemi and Santa Claus Holiday Village
Day 3: Reindeer rides, Snow Shoe walking on the Arctic Circle
Dressed in Arctic weather clothing – rather like big quilted boiler suits, boots, hats and mittens – we visit the Arctic Reindeer Centre. Sitting beside a log fire in a large wooden igloo you will enjoy a warm drink and a ‘reindeer’ talk before learning to drive your own sleigh (two people per sleigh) on a circuit through the snow-covered woods. Later you will put on snow shoes and step out and trek over deep snow through the nearby woods. It is so easy, and the quietness when walking over such light snow is wonderful. The rest of the day is free in the Arctic Circle complex. Time for a warming mulled wine or Akvavit?
Day 4: Kemi, an Ice Castle dinner and Glass Villas
First stop will be in the centre of Kemi, located on the frozen Baltic Coast. Later we settle into our amazing Glass Villas which are set beside the frozen Baltic Sea! Make sure you take a walk out over the ice sheets, across to one of the frozen islands. Next it is time to visit and explore the Ice Castle with its snow hotel, and later we will dine in the frozen ‘long hall’. It is a remarkable experience sitting on reindeer pelts draped over ice benches, enjoying dinner surrounded by beautifully decorated ice walls carved with animals, patterns and pictures.
Day 5: Ride on a Baltic Ice Breaker and swim with icebergs
Your morning is free to relax and explore. Subject to daily availability, you may be able to arrange ice fishing or for the thrill seekers, Ice Karting. You can even hire out Lamborghinis or Tesla cars and take them for ‘a spin’ on the ice! You don’t even need a licence because you will not be driving on land! Later we board the Ice Breaker Sampo to carve a path out through the thick sea ice. Way out at sea, the ship will smash an open water pool. Time for a swim! Putting on ‘dry suits’ you can jump in the water to float and swim amongst the broken ice flows. Your dry suits are incredibly warm, and you actually put them on over your clothes. Snug as a bug, they are incredibly buoyant, and you do not even need to swim as you can just lay back and float amongst the ice chunks like ‘Teletubbies’. A stunning experience.
Day 6: The Jukkasjärvi ICEHOTEL and Sámi village
Day 7: Husky Ride and Northern Lights Snowmobile Safari
Day 8: Stockholm and farewell dinner
Day 9: Stockholm
Incredible Value Inclusions
- Small group departures
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing, activities and entrances as described
- Arctic thermal clothing, boots, mittens for special activities as indicated
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in first-class, heated coaches
- 8 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation as described
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase case pp)
- Welcome drink in Helsinki and at the ICEHOTEL
- 15 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B) and 7 evening dinners (D)
- Local guides as described
- Free WiFi at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
Please note: The ‘Northern Lights’ are absolutely at the behest of nature. We will be staying virtually a week in the north of Scandinavia and at some of the very best Aurora spotting locations to be found. We even go on an Aurora snowmobile safari. The chances of catching a wonderful display are very high however, as you will understand, cannot be guaranteed.
The Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna, Helsinki - 1 Night
Santa Claus Holiday Village, Arctic Circle - 2 Nights
Glass Villa Experience, Kemi - 2 Nights
ICEHOTEL, Kiruna - 2 Nights
- Doubles/Twins: Stay in either the beautiful Ice Rooms or the fabulous Art Suites.
- Solo Travellers: Stay in the beautiful Ice Rooms, double rooms for your sole use.
Second night, enjoy a stay in either the excellent Kaamos hotel rooms, housed in wooden single floor houses, or the rustic Arctic Chalet wooden cabins.
*Please note there is no power supply in the Ice Rooms at the ICEHOTEL*
Radisson Blu Royal Viking Hotel, Stockholm - 1 Night
Dates and Prices
|Start Date||End Date||Price Per Person||Availability|
|25 Feb 2022||5 Mar 2022||NZD $9,317||Space Available|
|18 Mar 2022||26 Mar 2022||NZD $9,317||Space Available|
|24 Feb 2023||4 Mar 2023||NZD $9,527||Not Yet Open For Sale|
|17 Mar 2023||25 Mar 2023||NZD $9,527||Not Yet Open For Sale|