New Year in a Venetian Villa & Tuscany Tour
9 Memorable Days
- Leisurely 3 night stays
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
Small group size - now capped at 28!
- Stay 3 nights over New Year in a grand Venetian Villa, enjoying a visit to Palladio’s beautiful city of Vicenza, and celebrate New Year’s Eve ‘Italian style’ in the Villa’s Restaurant “Le Scuderie”
- Enjoy a Venice walking tour to the Rialto Bridge and visit St Mark’s Cathedral, the Doges Palace and Bridge of Sighs
- Explore the ‘Romeo and Juliet’ city of Verona
- Stay 3 nights in a beautiful hotel inside Lucca’s old walls and visit the Piazza dei Miracoli in Pisa, with its Leaning Tower
- Explore ‘Cradle of the Renaissance’ Florence and visit the Accademia Museum - home to Michelangelo’s ‘David’ and numerous beautiful sculptures and artwork
- Drive into the picturesque Tuscan countryside to visit an Olive Farmhouse Estate to sample olive oil, local wines and regional specialities and enjoy a light lunch in a traditional Osteria
- Visit the medieval, fairytale ‘town of towers’ San Gimignano
- Enjoy a farewell dinner in a traditional Roman restaurant
The New Year in a Grand Venetian Villa Tour is just one of many you can enjoy exploring Italy. Visit destination page for more information for our other amazing tours!
Day 1: Milan
Day 2: ‘My Time’ in Verona and our Venetian Villa
Day 3: Sightseeing and ‘My Time’ in Venice
Day 4: New Year’s Eve – Vicenza sightseeing and gala dinner celebrations
Day 5: New Year’s Day – sightseeing in medieval Lucca
Day 6: Leaning Tower of Pisa, lunch in the Tuscan countryside and ‘My Time’
This morning we visit nearby Pisa with its famous Leaning Tower, Cathedral and Baptistery in the magnificent Piazza dei Miracoli. As a highlight we drive into the picturesque Tuscan countryside to visit a local Olive Farmhouse Estate, and enjoy an olive oil tasting accompanied by Tuscan wines and a selection of antipasto including local meats, cheese and bread – all specialities of this region, followed by a light lunch. Returning to Lucca, the remainder of your afternoon has been left entirely free to explore delightful Lucca. Perhaps visit the former home of Puccini, where he wrote Turandot, walk, or hire a bike and ride, around the entire town on top of the broad city walls. Delightful!
Day 7: Florence sightseeing and ‘My Time’
Day 8: ‘Fairytale’ San Gimignano to the eternal city of Rome
Day 9: Rome
Incredible Value Inclusions
All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
8 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
Welcome drink in Milan
15 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B), 1 lunch (L) and 6 evening dinners (D)
A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
Tea and coffee with all included dinners
Local guides as described
Personal audio system whilst on tour
Free WiFi at hotels
End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
Hotel Sanpi, Milan - 1 Night
The 4 star Hotel Sanpi is located just a short walk from Central Station and attractions.
Villa Pace Park Hotel Bolognese - 3 Nights
This elegant 18th century grand residence has recently been sensitively restored into an excellent 4-star hotel. Located 4km from the medieval town of Treviso, the hotel is surrounded by wonderful Italian-style parkland, and boasts an outdoor swimming pool.
San Luca Palace Hotel, Lucca - 3 Nights
Hotel Mediterraneo, Rome - 1 Night
I would certainly recommend Albatross and would use them again. The organisation was great, the destinations interesting and I really liked the pace - not too slow but slow enough that we had a chance to enjoy each of the destinations without wasting time and without getting too tired.