New Year with the Sound of Music Tour
7 Enchanting Days
- Celebrate the New Year in style
- Stay in an authentic, character style hotel
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
- Personal group sizes up to 40
- Stay 5 nights in the historic Meierhof – part of the palace complex of the wonderful ‘The Sound of Music’ Schloss, and experience a New Year’s Eve Gala event in its spectacular rococo Marble Hall
- Relax in the ornate staterooms, halls and library of the famous palace, watch ‘the film’ on location where it all really happened, and enjoy a New Year’s Day concert in the palace’s Great Hall
- Explore picturesque Salzburg, and enjoy dinner in the 1200 year old St Peter Stiftskeller
- Experience a nostalgic carriage ride through a winter wonderland from the ski resort of Filzmoos to the Oberhofalm mountain hut, surrounded by spectacular scenery
- Spend a day in the majestic Salzkammergut - the Austrian Lakes District, visiting St Wolfgang, St Gilgen, ‘The Sound of Music’ Church in Mondsee, and take a cable car ride up the Zwölferhorn Mountain
- Explore famous Berchtesgaden, enjoy a scenic cruise along dramatic Lake Königssee and experience the historical Salt Mines adventure
Day 1: Munich
Day 2: Berchtesgaden, the Salt Mines and Schloss Leopoldskron
Day 3: Salzburg sightseeing and ‘My Time’
Day 4: Horse drawn carriage ride in Filzmoos and New Year’s Eve dinner at Schloss Leopoldskron
Day 5: My Time at Schloss Leopoldskron - a private screening of ‘The Sound of Music’ film and a concert in the Great
Day 6: Katrin Mountain cable car ride, picturesque villages on Lake Wolfgangsee & Mondsee
Day 7: To Munich
Incredible Value Inclusions
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described including Austrian wine evening, New Year’s Day concert in the Great Hall, carriage ride tothe Oberhofalm alpine hut
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
- 6 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Welcome drink in Munich
- 12 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B) and 6 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- Local guides as described in the Itinerary
- Personal audio system whilst on tour
- Free WiFi at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
- Albatross Tours Travel App
The Meierhof, Salzburg - 5 Nights
Your rooms are located in the Meierhof – the historic building set by the lakeside in the Palace grounds, about 50 metres from the Schloss itself. The Meierhof has a reception desk, small fitness centre as well as a café-bar. The rooms are comfortable and simply furnished. Whilst this is where you sleep all breakfasts, dinners, entertainment, public areas, library, lounges and activities are enjoyed in the beautiful rococo palace itself. An extraordinary experience!
We enjoyed the longer stays in accommodation, the very happy group we were lucky to have and our Tour Manager. What can I say, her warm and friendly nature, her knowledge and organising skill and if there was a minor glitch any where on the outing they were solved with little to no fuss. One incident that comes to mind, we were early one morning so on our way to the Salt Mine we called in to a distillery, our Tour Manager asked them if it was OK to come and it was excellent, we had time to do some tasting and buying.
This tour exceeded all of my expectations! A fabulous trip with exceptional tour content and tour leader. Well done Albatross!
We loved the day trip to Filzmoos where we saw and played in the snow. We felt thoroughly spoilt spending New Year's Eve at the 'Schloss' with a lovely dinner with entertainment and fireworks over the lake at midnight. A very enjoyable tour!
Overall a wonderful experience! My highlight would have to be our day to Filzmoos - wonderful weather, sleigh ride and venue. All entertainment was very high quality. Thank you especially to our tour manager Gina for your valuable information, guidance and organisational skills.
This tour is the jewel in the crown. It would be the most enjoyable tour I have experienced. Gina, the tour manager excelled in every aspect of the tour. Everyone on the tour agreed the snow, sleigh ride and the lunch on top of the mountainon New Year's Eve day was an unforgettable experience.
The entire tour was wonderful. Gina was a very organised tour leader and very friendly to everyone. It was a great pleasure to have her on our tour. Caring, informative and fun.
I feel I had a 'highlight' every day - so it is very hard to choose one day - but probably I would say - New Year's Eve - driving south to the ski resort of Filmoos - boarded a horse drawn carriage through the winter wonderland - wonderful! Then lunch at the remote Oberhofalm - a perfect day to remember.
This tour completed our 5th with Albatross and we will be back for more. Love the way it is always well designed, great and often unusual accomodations, dinner venues, mostly small numbers of people and the tours run smoothly and in a professional way. Well done!
Every day on the New Year with the Sound of Music tour was a highlight. We loved it! And the tour was made even better because Gina was our tour guide - we can't praise her enough!
Stephen & Sharon
Albatross always has exceptional tours and value for money. Thank you.
The horse drawn carriage ride was one of the best days of my life. Our Tour Manager is a total asset; efficient, knowledgable, caring and versatile. Our drive was such a gem who was wonderful at his job.
Our Tour Manager was fantastic, very organised and professional.
The exclusive use of the Leopoldskron was amazing. The private concert was absolutely wonderful and the horse drawn carriage ride was an incredible highlight. So very special.
Dates and Prices
|Start Date||End Date||Price Per Person||Guaranteed to Depart||Availability|
|28 Dec 2019||3 Jan 2020||NZD $3,929||Space Available||
|28 Dec 2020||3 Jan 2021||Not Yet Open For Sale|
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously? Save $200 on our European Summer and Oberammergau tours (over 8 days) or $100 on our Festive tours.
No Additional 'On Tour' Costs
Over $100 value of extras per day are already included. There are no additional 'on tour' costs - even your end of tour tips are included!