Christmas in the Slovenian Alps Tour
11 Glorious Days
- Leisurely 2 and 4 night stays
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
Small group size - now capped at 28!
- Celebrate Christmas over 4 nights on the shores of magnificent Lake Bled in Slovenia
- Savour the fabulous Christmas Markets in Munich, Innsbruck, Bolzano and Ljubljana
- Enjoy a Christmas Eve dinner with music, Christmas Day Turkey lunch, a Boxing Day Brass Band Concert and the local ceremony of the ‘Sinking of the Bells of Wishes’
- Visit Neuschwanstein Castle, the extraordinary Wieskirche and the ‘Passion Play’ village of Oberammergau
- Stay 2 nights in medieval Innsbruck and visit Swarovski Crystal Worlds
- Stay 2 nights in a glorious Italian Castle and visit the canals and hump backed bridges of Venice
- In Bolzano, see Otzi - the mummified mountain man
- Visit Villach, the old city of Ljubljana and beautiful Lake Bohinj on the way to the snow fields of Kranjska Gora in the Julian Alps
- Visit Mozart’s Salzburg before enjoying a farewell meal in Munich
Day 1: Munich
Day 2: Neuschwanstein Castle, Wieskirche, Oberammergau and Innsbruck
Day 3: Swarovski Crystal Worlds and ‘My Time’ in Innsbruck
Day 4: Bolzano, ‘Ötzi the Ice Man’ and CastelBrando
Day 5: Venice sightseeing and ‘My Time’
Day 6: ‘My Time’ in Villach and glorious Lake Bled
Day 7: Ljubljana sightseeing and ‘My Time’
Day 8: Christmas Day – ‘My Time’ in Bled and ‘Sinking of the Bells’ ceremony
Day 9: Lake Bohinj, Kranska Gora ski jump and a Brass Band concert
Day 10: Salzburg sightseeing and ‘My Time’, farewell dinner in Munich
Day 11: Munich
Incredible Value Inclusions
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described, including tickets to the Boxing Day Brass Band Concert
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
- 10 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
- Upgrade to Lake View rooms at Rikli Balance Hotel in Lake Bled
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Welcome drink in Munich
- 20 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B), 1 lunch (L) and 9 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- Local guides as described
- Personal audio system whilst on tour
- Free WiFi at most hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
- Albatross Tours Travel App
Grauer Baer Hotel, Innsbruck - 2 NightsSuperbly located just 200 metres from the historic city centre, this hotel has 196 rooms with private facilities. The hotel boasts style and tradition and features a restaurant, bar, sauna, steam-bath, solarium and a gym.
CastelBrando, Cison Di Valmarino - 2 Nights
A beautifully restored castle with sensitive modernisation has brought the original magnificence back to life. Guelph style decorative battlements, stone cellars, tapestries, swords and suits of armour set the scene for the elegant halls, dining rooms, manicured gardens and terraces overlooking the valley.
Rikli Balance Hotel – 4 Nights
Maritim Hotel Munich - 2 Nights
Annette - December 2018
I would highly recommend this tour to our family and friends. We had a magical outstanding experience from beginning to end!
Thank you for such an unforgettable and magical experience!
Heather & Jason
We were impressed with the tour, accommodation was great, the meals were good and enjoyed the complimentary wine. Appreciated all the inclusions.
A great tour full of a variety of sights and things to do. Congratulations Albatross! This has been our fourth holiday with you and it keeps getting better.
Maree, travelled December 2014
Sibila was by far the best tour guide we have ever had and Rick the best driver. We absolutely loved this trip.
Frank & Judith
I loved our tour leader Sibila, she was full of interesting information, extensive knowledge of EVERYTHING and was consistently delightful! I really enjoyed my time in Italy and Slovenia. The snowy visit to Neuschwanstein Castle was also amazing. Overall a great tour.
A wonderful tour which catered for all 'White Christmas' expectations. Sibila was an excellent tour manager - exceeding her role. She is very kind and patient, and her local knowledge was very good. The way in which she shared it was interesting and informative. The sinking of the bells was the highlight for me but I thoroughly enjoyed it all. Rick was an excellent driver and was very friendly.
Dates and Prices
|Start Date||End Date||Price Per Person||Availability|
|18 Dec 2020||28 Dec 2020||NZD $5,707||Sold Out|
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously? Save $200 on our European Summer and Oberammergau tours (over 8 days) or $100 on our Festive tours.
Small, personal groups
Our group sizes range from just 10 to 28. An Albatross small group tour will allow you to enjoy a more personalised and in-depth holiday experience.