New Year in a Venetian Villa & Tuscany Tour
9 days only $4,239 pp twin share
- Leisurely 3 night stays
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
- Personal group sizes up to 40
- Stay 3 nights over New Year in a grand Venetian Villa, enjoying a visit to Palladio’s beautiful city of Vicenza, and celebrate New Year’s Eve ‘Italian style’ in the Villa’s Restaurant “Le Scuderie”
- Enjoy a Venice walking tour to the Rialto Bridge and visit St Mark’s Cathedral, the Doges Palace and Bridge of Sighs
- Explore the ‘Romeo and Juliet’ city of Verona
- Stay 3 nights in a beautiful hotel inside Lucca’s old walls and visit the Piazza dei Miracoli in Pisa, with its Leaning Tower
- Explore ‘Cradle of the Renaissance’ Florence and visit the Accademia Museum - home to Michelangelo’s ‘David’ and numerous beautiful sculptures and artwork
- Drive into the picturesque Tuscan countryside to visit an Olive Farmhouse Estate to sample olive oil, local wines and regional specialities and enjoy a light lunch in a traditional Osteria
- Visit the medieval, fairytale ‘town of towers’ San Gimignano
- Enjoy a farewell dinner in a traditional Roman restaurant
The New Year in a Grand Venetian Villa Tour is just one of many you can enjoy exploring Italy. Visit destination page for more information for our other amazing tours!
Day 1: Milan
Your tour commences this evening in Milan. A welcome drink and dinner are included tonight. This is an ideal opportunity to get to know your fellow travellers.
Day 2: ‘My Time’ in Verona and our Venetian Villa
Boarding our coach we drive east and make a lunchtime stop to explore Verona, the city where tragic lovers, Romeo and Juliet, avowed a love that spanned the centuries. Later this afternoon we arrive at our Venetian Villa hotel, where we stay for three nights.
Day 3: Sightseeing and ‘My Time’ in Venice
After a leisurely start we visit nearby ‘Venezia’ (Venice) – arguably one of the most romantic cities in the world. At Tronchetto we board a private boat to take us to St Mark’s Square, where we join our expert local guide for a walking tour through the central city’s historic back streets to the famous Rialto Bridge and St Mark’s Square. We have included visits to St Mark’s Basilica, the pink and white marble Doges Palace and Bridge of Sighs. The rest of the day is free to meander the water lined streets. Dinner this evening is back in ‘our’ magnificent Villa.
Day 4: New Year’s Eve – Vicenza sightseeing and gala dinner celebrations
Our first stop is in beautiful Vicenza. Rich in history and culture, Vicenza was awarded UNESCO World heritage status principally due to the legacy left by the famous local architect Andrea Palladio. Considered one of the greatest architects of all time, you will find more than 16 of his palaces and villas scattered through the old town. In the glorious Piazza dei Signori, you will find the most beautiful of all – the Basilica Palladiana. A local guide will join us for a walking tour of the medieval and renaissance town centre, and later you will have free time to explore and enjoy the excellent shopping down the central Corso. We continue to Treviso to enjoy an afternoon stop in the historic centre.
Later we will return to our villa to relax before enjoying a grand evening celebrating the New Year in the hotel’s Restaurant ‘Le Scuderie’. At midnight we will make a toast with Spumante, accompanied by ‘Cotechino and lentils’ - the traditional Italian way to welcome the New Year. The sausage is said to bring good luck into the New Year.
Day 5: New Year’s Day – sightseeing and ‘My Time’ in medieval Lucca
New Year’s Day! A very leisurely start today before boarding our coach to drive south into Tuscany. We stay the next three nights in the typically ‘Tuscan’ town of Lucca – a medieval walled city, filled with palaces, churches and ancient houses. After settling into our hotel we will enjoy a short guided walking tour of this beautiful city. The remainder of your afternoon has been left entirely free to explore delightful Lucca. Perhaps visit the former home of Puccini, where he wrote Turandot, walk, or hire a bike and ride, around the entire town on top of the broad city walls. Delightful! This evening we have included dinner in a local restaurant.
Day 6: Leaning Tower of Pisa and lunch in the Tuscan countryside
This morning we visit nearby Pisa with its famous Leaning Tower, Cathedral and Baptistery in the magnificent Piazza dei Miracoli. As a highlight we drive into the picturesque Tuscan countryside to visit a local Olive Farmhouse Estate, and enjoy an olive oil tasting accompanied by Tuscan wines and a selection of antipasto including local meats, cheese and bread – all specialities of this region, followed by a light lunch.
Day 7: Florence sightseeing and ‘My Time’
Today is dedicated to nearby ‘Firenze’ (Florence). A local guide will bring to life this truly beautiful city which is otherwise known as the ‘Cradle of the Renaissance’. Your tour starts with a visit to the famous Accademia Gallery, home to Michelangelo’s ‘David’ and numerous extraordinary Italian, Florentine and Renaissance works of art. We see the Duomo and the magnificent statues in the Piazza della Signoria. Your afternoon is entirely free to enjoy Florence at your own pace.
Day 8: ‘Fairytale’ San Gimignano to the eternal city of Rome
This morning we drive across the Tuscan Hills to enjoy lunchtime in the fairytale ‘town of towers’ San Gimignano, famous for its 13th and 14th century Tuscan towers. Exploring the pedestrian walkways of this hilltop town is an absolute delight. Tonight, in the eternal city of Rome, we will enjoy a farewell dinner.
Day 9: Rome
Your New Year tour ends after breakfast and it is time to say farewell.
Incredible Value Inclusions
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
- 8 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Welcome drink in Milan
- 15 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B), 1 lunch (L) and 6 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- Local guides as described
- Free WiFi on most coaches and at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
- Albatross Tours travel App
Hotel Villa Contarini Nenzi - 3 Nights
This is an elegant 18th century grand residence now sensitively restored into an excellent 4 star spa hotel. Located just outside of Treviso, the Contarini Nenzi contains traditional period piece furniture and is surrounded by wonderful Italian-style parkland, with some old stables and even a delightful nineteenth century church with frescoes.
Hotel Ilaria, Lucca - 3 Nights
This 4-star hotel offers elegantly furnished rooms equipped with modern comforts. Renovated from Villa Buonvisi's historic stables and a 14th-century church, Hotel Ilaria is perfectly located in the historic centre of Lucca, just a short walk from the major sights.
I would certainly recommend Albatross and would use them again. The organisation was great, the destinations interesting and I really liked the pace - not too slow but slow enough that we had a chance to enjoy each of the destinations without wasting time and without getting too tired.
Dates and Prices
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously? Save $200 on our European Summer and Oberammergau tours (over 8 days) or $100 on our Festive tours.
No Additional 'On Tour' Costs
Over $100 value of extras per day are already included. There are no additional 'on tour' costs - even your end of tour tips are included!