German Christmas Holiday
8 Delightful Days
- Celebrate Christmas over 6 nights in the Black Forest
- Stay in an authentic, character style hotel
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
Small group size - now capped at 28!
Imagine staying deep in the heart of the German Black Forest over Christmas. Visit medieval towns and explore Christmas Markets on cobblestoned streets. Explore the Alsace wine road, visit the magnificent Hohenzollern Castle and see Gengenbach’s town hall illuminate with the world’s largest advent calendar.
- Celebrate Christmas over 6 nights in the heart of the Black Forest
- Enjoy daily included excursions to the Christmas Markets and towns of the Black Forest and the French Alsace
- Take in the medieval towns of Heidelberg, Freiburg and the festive Baden Baden Christmas Markets
- Cross into the Alsace region of France to visit Strasbourg to explore the wonderful Christmas Markets in the cobbled stone town centre
- See the world’s biggest advent calendar in Gengenbach and enjoy a special ‘dress up’ Medieval Banquet
- Explore the massive Hohenzollern Castle and see beautiful Lake Titisee
- Travel on the Black Forest High Road, enjoy ‘Christmas Magic’ in Triberg and witness the Hornberger shooting – an annual historical re-enactment
- All breakfasts and dinners are included
Day 1: Frankfurt
Day 2: Heidelberg, Baden Baden Christmas Markets and Hornberg
Day 3: Medieval Strasbourg and picture perfect Gengenbach
Day 4: Cuckoo Clocks and Lake Titisee
Day 5: Christmas Day – ‘My Time’ in Hornberg, a winter walk and the ‘Hornberg Shooting’
Day 6: Hohenzollern Castle, the Black Forest Museum and spectacular ‘Christmas Magic’ in Triberg
Day 7: Gothic Freiburg and a medieval Banquet dinner
Day 8: To Luzern
Incredible Value Inclusions
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
- 7 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Welcome drink in Frankfurt
- 15 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B), 1 lunch (L) and 7 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- Local guides as described
- Personal audio system whilst on tour
- Free WiFi on most coaches and at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
- Albatross Tours Travel App
Hotel Schloss, Hornberg – 6 NightsEnjoy the 900 years of history surrounding your hotel which boasts Black Forest traditions and culinary delights. Situated in a beautiful park above the valley in the heart of the Black Forest, this location makes an excellent base for all of our included excursions to the surrounding areas. This traditional hotel has a 3 star classification and all guestrooms are fitted with bath/showers, radio, telephones and satellite television. Please note the Hornberg Hotel has no lift however our rooms will be located on floors 1 and 2.
The tour was everything that was expected. Great tour manager, would want him on any tour. He was able to cope with difficult situations, most professionally, even when he was frozen cold!!! The various side trips were so enjoyable, and our Tour Manager had so much information to give.
The family atmosphere provided by Monika and Karsten, not forgetting the very obliging staff, made European Christmas an event to remember. I will be telling my friends to think about the same venue with Albatross.
Top of my 'Bucket List' was to experience a 'White Christmas.' So together with my son, daughter-in-law & grandsons Jack (19) and Adam (14) we chose to travel with Albatross.
It has been a wonderful week, great group of mixed ages and the boys found much to interest them. No snow on Christmas Day, however, we have certainly experienced the white stuff in abundance.
Truly, I have really had a great week and look forward to joining the New Year in Paris tour.
Doreen, travelled December 2014
The accommodation was family orientated, friendly, with excellent meals served with style and taste. Being lactose intolerant was well catered for by the chef. The final "medieval dinner" was the best special occasion function I have attended on a tour.
Outings were well paced, interesting, well led by Tour Leader Darren with good information, humour and an excellent safe driver in Andi
You need an exceptional category!!
I had the most amazing, exceptional, fantastic, wonderful time of my life.
The tour manager was perfect in every aspect, his knowledge was superb, organisational skills fantastic.
Dates and Prices
|Start Date||End Date||Price Per Person||Availability|
|21 Dec 2020||28 Dec 2020||Not Yet Open For Sale|
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously? Save $200 on our European Summer and Oberammergau tours (over 8 days) or $100 on our Festive tours.
No Additional 'On Tour' Costs
Over $100 value of extras per day are already included. There are no additional 'on tour' costs - even your end of tour tips are included!