A Swiss Christmas in Grindelwald Tour
11 Captivating Days
- Leisurely 5 night stay in the Swiss Alps
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
Small group size - now capped at 28!
Imagine celebrating Christmas in a first class spa hotel in the stunning Swiss Alpine village of Grindelwald. Shop at Christmas Markets, explore the gorgeous Swiss Riviera town of Montreux, visit Château de Chillon, the amazing hilltop town of Gruyères and enjoy an exhilarating Alpine ride on the Golden Pass train.
- Celebrate Christmas over 5 nights in the first class Romantik Hotel Schweizerhof, in snow drenched Grindelwald, surrounded by the soaring peaks of the Bernese Oberland
- Spend 2 nights in Zurich, and visit the Christmas markets to admire the 50-ft-tall Christmas tree
- Stay 2 nights in the Swiss Riviera town of Montreux, follow the dramatic Lavaux wine road along Lake Geneva and visit Charlie Chaplin’s town of Vevey
- Visit Byron’s Chateau de Chillon, the amazing hilltop town of Gruyères and the chic ski resort of Gstaad
- Enjoy the excellent Christmas markets scattered along the foreshore of Montreux and in the medieval cobbled stone streets and squares of Bern
- Explore Thun and Interlaken
- Savour special dinners including a Christmas Eve themed dinner, Christmas Day Turkey lunch, Christmas Day themed dinner, and Farewell dinner in Luzern
- Take a Christmas Eve ride on a horse drawn carriage, sip red wine punch and pamper yourself in the wellness centre of your delightful Christmas hotel
Day 1: Zurich
Day 2: Zurich sightseeing, ‘My Time’ and Christmas markets
Day 3: Medieval Bern, Christmas Markets, charming Gruyeres and Montreux
Day 4: Château Chillon, Vevey, ‘My Time’ in Montreux and Christmas Markets
Day 5: Golden Pass panoramic train to Grindelwald
Day 6: Jungfrau mountain ride & ‘My Time’ in Grindelwald
Day 7: Historic Thun, cruise on Lake Thunersee, ‘My Time’ in Interlaken
Day 8: Christmas Eve – ‘My Time’ in Grindelwald and a horse drawn carriage ride
Day 9: Christmas Day in a winter paradise
Day 10: Panoramic train ride along Lake Brienz, ‘My Time’ in Luzern
Day 11: Luzern
Incredible Value Inclusions
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel by coach & scenic trains as described
- 10 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Free use of pool and spa facilities in Grindelwald hotel
- Welcome drink in Zürich
- 19 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B), 1 lunch (L) and 8 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- Local guides as described
- Personal audio system whilst on tour
- Free WiFi available at most hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
- Albatross Tours Travel App
Hotel Glockenhof, Zurich - 2 Nights
Perfectly located in the heart of the city, this modern 4 star hotel is within easy walking distance of Zürcher Bahnhofstrasse (main shopping street), the train station and the waterfront of Lake Zürich.
Grand Suisse Majestic, Montreux - 2 Nights
This 4 star hotel is located in the heart of Montreux, on the shore of stunning Lake Geneva. All guestrooms are air-conditioned and have minibar, safe, flat-screen TV, direct-dial phone and hairdryer.
Romantik Hotel Schweizerhof, Grindelwald - 5 Nights
This superior 5 star hotel is a three minute walk from the centre of Grindelwald and has an imposing backdrop of the world-famous Eiger and Lauberhorn Mountains. The atmosphere is charming with traditional Swiss wooden décor, and the dining is excellent! This delightful hotel also offers an excellent wellness centre complete with a spa, steam room, sauna and indoor pool.
The highlight for me was the 5 nights we spent at Grindelwald - just wonderful! A beautiful hotel, wonderful staff and fantastic food!
I have had a truly wonderful trip and really cannot fault it in any way. Our tour manager was wonderful - so patient, knowledgeable and always greeted everyone with a smile.
Thank you so much for organising such a wonderful tour!
Suzanne, travelled December 2015
Our tour manager, Gilberto, was so professional, very obliging, a great people's person and fun to be with. His knowledge was second to none and his guidance and advice was excellent. The tour has been amazing, but of course Gilberto's presence and professionalism has made the difference for me.
Dates and Prices
|Start Date||End Date||Price Per Person||Availability|
|17 Dec 2020||27 Dec 2020||Not Yet Open For Sale|
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously? Save $200 on our European Summer and Oberammergau tours (over 8 days) or $100 on our Festive tours.
No Additional 'On Tour' Costs
Over $100 value of extras per day are already included. There are no additional 'on tour' costs - even your end of tour tips are included!