Austrian Christmas Holiday
8 Magical Days
- Leisurely 7 nights in the Austrian Tyrol
- Stay in an authentic, character style hotel
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
- Personal group sizes up to 40
- Celebrate Christmas over 7 nights in a first class chalet style hotel in the enchanting Austrian Tyrol
- Enjoy daily included excursions to the Christmas Markets and wonderful towns and villages of the Tyrol and the Bavarian Alps
- Visit ‘The Sound of Music’ Salzburg and enjoy a hot drink and biscuits in Austria’s oldest restaurant
- Visit Swarovski Crystal Worlds and the famous ‘Silent Night’ Chapel
- Experience Christmas shopping in medieval Innsbruck, visit the chic ski resort of Mayrhofen
- Cross into the Bavarian Alps and visit Linderhof Palace, the ‘Passion Play’ village of Oberammergau and the lovely Kloster Ettal Monastery
- Relax on a horse drawn carriage ride in the Austrian countryside
- All breakfasts, dinners, traditional Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Day lunch are included
Day 1: Munich, ‘My Time’ in Kitzbuhel and Kirchberg in the Tyrol
Day 2: Linderhof Palace, Oberammergau and Kloster Ettal
Day 3: The Silent Night Chapel, Salzburg, ‘My Time’ and Christmas Markets
Day 4: Swarovski Crystal Worlds, Innsbruck ‘My Time’ and Christmas Markets
Day 5: Christmas Eve in the mountains and a horse drawn carriage ride
Day 6: Christmas Day in a winter paradise
Day 7: Berchtesgaden, Salt Mines and beautiful Lake Königssee
Day 8: To Munich
Incredible Value Inclusions
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
- 7 nights accommodation in an authentic, specially selected, chalet style hotel
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Welcome drink in Kirchberg
- 15 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B), 1 lunch (L) and 7 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- Local guides as described in the itinerary
- Personal audio system whilst on tour
- Free WiFi on most coaches and at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
- Albatross Tours Travel App
Hotel Sonnalp, Kirchenberg - 7 NightsThis excellent chalet style 4 star hotel is located just on the edge of Kirchberg village. The atmosphere is charming with that traditional Austrian wooden décor, rooms are spacious with balconies and the dining is excellent! We have also included free access to their excellent indoor pool, steam room and sauna. Located in a dramatic setting of snow covered Alps - where else would you want to stay for Christmas?
Our tour guide coped well with such a varied group of people. Her knowledge of the area is exceptional and if she has a flaw, it is that she gives too much information for one to absorb quickly. She is very caring of her passengers and that is the most important thing to me. We had an excellent driver, as well as being friendly and helpful.
The facilities, service and amenities of the SonnAlp Hotel were excellent.We thought our coach driver was very good and friendly, and had great local knowledge. Sandra was a great tour manager, knowledgeable and proactive with information. Sandra also added some thoughtful touches highlighting birthdays, organising a Kris Kringle and letting us taste some local treats. The meals in the hotel were consistently good and plentiful - the chef is obviously high quality. We really enjoyed the tour - thank you!
Barry and Kathy
Our tour manager was very professional and caring - I would recommend him highly. A very enjoyable trip and overall a great Christmas experience.
I enjoyed staying in the one place. The hotel staff were every good and it felt like coming home at the end of each day - there was always a warm welcome! While we had no snow, it made getting around very easy. Nice crisp, clear days. Highlight for me was Salzburg - beautiful city and wonderful Christmas markets!
Dates and Prices
|Start Date||End Date||Price Per Person||Guaranteed to Depart||Availability|
|20 Dec 2019||27 Dec 2019||NZD $3,339||Sold Out|
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously? Save $200 on our European Summer and Oberammergau tours (over 8 days) or $100 on our Festive tours.
No Additional 'On Tour' Costs
Over $100 value of extras per day are already included. There are no additional 'on tour' costs - even your end of tour tips are included!