Salzburg & Christmas in Bavaria Tour
11 Wonderful Days
- Enjoy 5 nights in Oberammergau over Christmas
- Stay in authentic, character style hotels
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs
- Guaranteed 'My Time'
- Designed for Australians & New Zealanders
- Personal group sizes up to 40
- Celebrate Christmas over 5 nights in the Bavarian village of Oberammergau
- Savour the fabulous Christmas Markets in Munich, Salzburg, Innsbruck and Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Enjoy a traditional Christmas Eve dinner, Christmas Day lunch and Farewell dinner
- Stay 2 nights in the centre of baroque Salzburg and enjoy a walking tour of the old town through to the Christmas Markets
- Visit Neuschwanstein Castle and the picturesque Wieskirche
- Relax on a horse drawn carriage ride in Oberammergau
- Experience the incredible funicular and cable car rides up to the summit of the massive Zugspitze Mountain and take in the views across 400 snow covered mountain peaks
- Visit extravagant Linderhof Palace, Kloster Ettal and the Oberammergau Passion Play Theatre
Day 1: Munich
Day 2: Mondsee and Salzburg sightseeing
Day 3: ‘My Time’ in Salzburg and Christmas Market
Day 4: Berchtesgaden and a Salt Mine adventure
Day 5: ‘My Time’ in Innsbruck Christmas Markets and Oberammergau
Day 6: Neuschwanstein Castle, Wieskirche and ’My Time’ in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Day 7: Christmas Eve at the top of the world – the mighty Zugspitze!
Day 8: Christmas Day – ‘My Time’ in a Bavarian village and a horse drawn carriage ride
Day 9: Linderhof Palace, Kloster Ettal and the Oberammergau Passion Play Theatre
Day 10: Munich sightseeing and ‘My Time’
Day 11: Munich
Incredible Value Inclusions
- All excursions, scenic drives, sightseeing and entrances as described
- Fully escorted by our experienced Tour Manager
- Travel in a first class air conditioned touring coach
- 10 nights authentic, specially selected hotel accommodation
- Hotel porterage (1 suitcase pp)
- Welcome drink in Munich & Oberammergau
- 20 Meals – Buffet breakfast daily (B), 1 lunch (L) and 9 evening dinners (D)
- A complimentary wine, beer or soft drink with all included dinners
- Tea and coffee with all included dinners
- Local guides as described
- Personal audio system whilst on tour
- Free WiFi on most coaches and at hotels
- End of tour tips to Tour Manager and Driver, tips for local guides
- Albatross Tours Travel App
NH Salzburg, Salzburg - 2 Nights
This modern, 4 star hotel is located near the Mirabell Gardens and a 10 minute stroll from the Old Town.
Parkhotel Sonnenhof – 5 Nights
This superior 3-star, family run hotel is built in the wooden Alpine style and is located within an easy walking distance of both the centre of town and the mountain lifts.
I can honestly say I have only praise, for our well learned guide and organiser, for the bus driver, who was excellent, and for the places of interest for their beauty and history. Time for shopping and relaxing were all taken into account and everybody’s wellbeing was a prime concern of both the driver and our guide. The meals were very good and catered for all tastes. Overall, it was excellent all round and I will be recommending your tours to all!
Our Tour Manager was very knowledgeable and approachable who made learning about the local history and locations very interesting and enjoyable. We really loved being in the one location for 5 days over Christmas. We were able to unpack properly and the Wittelsbach Hotel felt like home for the duration of our stay. It was fantastic!
Angela & Richard
Our tour guide Karen's knowledge and organisation was exceptional. She was available and went beyond to organise extra's as requested and required.
Great group of people too!
Our tour leader Karen and our bus driver were GREAT !! The tour was good and very relaxing and we had a lot of laughs!
The tour leader Karen Newham - was absolutely outstanding. She ranks as the best tour leader that I have had on the 20 or so tours that I have taken. She was an absolute credit to your company. The bus driver Zac was an extremely competent friendly driver who inspired confidence in his driving ability. Everyone felt extremely safe with him in control.
Dates and Prices
|Start Date||End Date||Price Per Person||Guaranteed to Depart||Availability|
|18 Dec 2019||28 Dec 2019||NZD $5,299||Sold Out|
Book with Confidence
If you book and deposit on any of our tours, as long as there are just 10 or more people travelling on your designated group departure, we guarantee it will travel.
Have you travelled with Albatross Tours previously? Save $200 on our European Summer and Oberammergau tours (over 8 days) or $100 on our Festive tours.
No Additional 'On Tour' Costs
Over $100 value of extras per day are already included. There are no additional 'on tour' costs - even your end of tour tips are included!